Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Molasses Crinkle Cookies


It's March and today was my first and probably last snow day of the school year. Naturally, I thought to bake rather than catch up on work. When scavenging for snacks in the fridge this morning, I noticed what looked like a great cookie recipe on the back of my Grandma's Molasses jar. With dreams of doing anything rather than grade papers or attack my mending pile, I started gathering ingredients. The result was delicious!

Grandma's Molasses Crinkle Cookies
  • 3/4 cup shortening
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar (I used 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 2 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. cloves
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. ginger
Mix shortening, sugar, egg, and molasses. Stir in remaining ingredients. Chill dough. Heat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts, dip tops in sugar. Place sugared side up on greased baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with 2-3 drops of water each for a cracked surface. Bake 10-12 minutes.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment