Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Butterfly Ombre Heart Tutorial

This is my twist on the Butterfly Ombre Heart Picture that I have seen. Be forewarned this is a very time consuming project and it took me several hours to make. It requires a lot of attention to detail, but is really cute when its done!

Materials Needed:
1 canvas (I chose a 12x12 canvas)
Cardstock in 3 different shades of the color of your choice
Butterfly hole punch
Hot glue gun and glue

Directions:
1. Hole punch your butterflies. It took me one sheet of each color. Then bend each individual butterfly almost in half.

2. Then rearrange each butterfly into a heart shape outline. At this point, just try to get the shape of the heart down right.

3. Once you have the heart shape right, then begin filling in the hear with the butterflies. Start turning the butterflies in a haphazard direction, this will make them look more realistic. The idea is to not make the butterflies look too uniform.

4. Next, scatter about the butterflies on one side to make it look like they are either flying away or landing.  Place a few extra butterflies around the heart to make it look like they are flying on the canvas.

5. Once you have your design perfect, begin the process of gluing each of the individual butterflies down.






1 comment:

  1. Can you tell me what size the butterflies ate or rather what size the cutter is. Better yet, Can you give me the name of the cutter you used and a website where you can purchase it? My email is ptstjohngirl1@gmail.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete